Sendle is a door-to-door international delivery service, with low, flat-rates and no minimum order quantities – even for parcels going internationally!
This article will help you understand how international pickups work, as there are a few additional things to do.
Please note that it is not possible to use our drop off service for international parcels.
How do international pickups work?
- When you book an international parcel with Sendle, a PDF label with all of your unique booking details will immediately be generated.
- Print out this label (from a normal printer is fine), and attach it securely to your parcel, ensuring that all of the label details are clearly showing (this article will help you label your parcel correctly).
- Ensure that you separate your domestic and international parcels – different drivers will be collecting them.
- Collections can occur from 8am-4pm, so it’s important to have your parcel ready during those hours.
You’ll need your ID on pickup
On your first three international pickups, you will need to show the driver valid photo ID matching the sender details on the label.
The reason for this is that there are security regulations around sending parcels overseas, which means we’re required to identify you as a known sender for security purposes.
After three pickups, the driver will no longer need to see any photo ID from you – because you will, by then, be considered a known sender (but someone must still be present during pickup).
And guess what? No lengthy customs declarations are required when you use Sendle. Hooray!
If you don't have valid photo ID
If you don't have valid photo ID when the driver comes past (on the first three pickups), or your details don't match those of the sender on the label, our support team can advise you on what to do.
Get in touch with them here (and have your Order Reference Number handy).
Package it well
Make sure you package up your parcel following our guidelines here. This is important because if it’s not packaged correctly, it’ll be returned to the sender.
For international orders, you’ll also need to double-check that it’s well sealed and any lids are firmly closed. It’s traveling a long way, after all!
COVID-19 changes to international orders:
Due to flight and travel restrictions as a result of the current pandemic and foreign exchange rates, we’ve had to adapt our pricing for international orders.
At the moment, there’s an additional $2.50 surcharge for Zone 2 international bookings and an additional $9.00 surcharge for Zone 3. More info on international pricing
Unfortunately, for some countries, we can’t deliver parcels bigger than 2kg. If your destination country falls into this category, you won’t be able to complete the booking.
Sending internationally? These might be handy:
- International: Locations and Coverage
- International prices
- International postal and customs authorities