Sendle is trusted by the tastiest distilleries, wineries and liquor subscription services to deliver parcels across Australia.
If you're looking to send a parcel containing someone's favourite tipple, below is all of the information you need to send it successfully with Sendle.
Do parcels containing alcohol require a signature?
No. Alcohol deliveries with Sendle can have either a Signature on Delivery or be given Authority to Leave (ATL), and be delivered without a signature.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- A driver may not deliver a parcel with ATL if they deem it unsafe to do so, and this is at their discretion.
- Parcels with Signature on Delivery require a signature from someone over the age of 18. An identification check may be required if the individual looks under 25.
- Drivers reserve the right to refuse delivery at any time.
Important government regulations
There are some government regulated restrictions around the delivery of alcohol, like:
- You must abide by your state’s regulations around advertising and selling alcohol online.
- Please clearly mark on your parcel that it contains alcohol, even if it is given ATL.
Packaging requirements for alcohol
Glass bottles are very fragile and are more susceptible to damage. Reading Sendle's packaging guidelines is a great place to start.
For alcohol, we also suggest these additional measures:
- Properly protect each individual bottle.
- Note that simply placing a cardboard layer between bottles is insufficient – particularly with 6-packs.
Cover for alcohol deliveries
Alcohol deliveries are covered by Sendle's cover policy – please read our Cover Policy outline for more information.
But please keep in mind that ATL parcels are not covered by Sendle’s cover policy once they have been scanned as delivered.
Sending alcohol internationally
At the moment, we are unable to send parcels containing alcohol with our international service.
Get in touch with our support team to find out more.