If you have sent a parcel and the receiver wants to return it to you, you can organise a return through Sendle.
This means you’ll be the one organising the booking details and handling payment.
But remember: if you’re the one booking the order, the responsibility falls on you (even though the other person is actually sending the parcel).
It’s a lot easier if the other person just signs up for a free Sendle account!
But if that’s not the case, here’s how to organise a return through Sendle:
- Book the parcel as per usual from your dashboard, but use your address as the delivery address and their address as the pick up one.
- Email the label to the actual sender by downloading the PDF on the ‘Order detail’ screen on your dashboard.
- Make sure they have a printer available.
- Ensure the label is properly attached to the parcel (a good idea is to ask for a photo).
Keep in mind
- The person with the Sendle account will be the one receiving the pickup reminder email (this might not be the actual sender for that particular send, particularly if you're booking the parcel from your account)
- If you put down your email address as the receiver too, you’ll get receiver tracking information sent straight to your inbox
- If the courier refuses pickup, we won't be able to refund you
Useful information to give the ‘sender’:
- You’ll need to make sure the sender knows when the pickup is scheduled for and that they’re able to print the label and have the package ready for collection (this article may be helpful for them to get ready for pickup)
- Make sure the label meets our requirements and the packaging must adhere to our guidelines – get the sender to send you a photo of the parcel before it’s picked up
- The parcel must be ready for pickup as per our pickup instructions
And some for you to take a squiz at: