2. Requirements of Use
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use our Services; and by doing so you warrant and represent to us that you are at least eighteen (18) years old.
- To access our services, you may wish to open an account with us. You are responsible for maintaining confidentiality of your account, username and password information. Sendle is not responsible for any unauthorised transactions made through your account.
- If you are accessing and using an account on behalf of someone else, you represent that you have the authority to bind that person as principal to these Terms and Conditions.
- By opening a Sendle account you represent and warrant that the information provided is true and correct. You agree to indemnify Sendle for any loss, damage or claim that is made against or suffered by Sendle arising from a breach of this term.
- You warrant that you hold the copyright to any images uploaded to the Site or that you have the authority of the copyright owner to upload any images to the Site.
- Sendle retains the right to close an account anytime.
3. Our Services
- Sendle facilitates the booking and delivery of parcels. Sendle provides its services in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law. Sendle is not a common carrier, and we do not accept any liability as a common carrier. Sendle may refuse to provide services at its discretion.
- Sendle uses a range of third-party providers, including DHL. DHL requires that Sendle informs our customers that they are bound by DHL’s shipping terms and that commodities listed with respect to unacceptable under these terms are not to be tendered for shipment. You can view those terms here. We have replicated the key terms in this document, and confirm that your agreement is with Sendle.
4. Parcel Requirements
- Sendle will only arrange delivery of parcels that respect the size and weight limits of the Sendle products. We reserve the right to refuse to take goods for delivery that exceed our size and weight limits.
- Sendle will not accept possession of or deliver the following:
- Hazardous, dangerous, prohibited or illegal goods,
- Arms / weapons,
- Living goods and perishables
- Irreplaceable items or items with a value exceeding $1500.00,
- Irreplaceable legal documents or money.
- Dangerous Goods
- Munitions of war
5. Customer Obligations
- The sender is responsible for ensuring that:
- the parcel is within the size requirements,
- the goods are properly packaged for transit given the nature of the goods and any notification is given with respect to special handling requirements,
- the goods are accurately described in content and value,
- the goods are not of the nature described in (4.2) above,
- all declarations made in relation to the goods are true and correct, and
- the delivery instructions displayed on the parcel are clear and correct.
- the contents of a parcel;
- the insufficient, or improper packing, labelling or marking of a parcel
- the sender or recipient’s breach of these terms and conditions;
- a negligent or unlawful act or omission, or wilful misconduct by the sender, recipient or any person acting for them.
6. Owner’s Risk
- These items are deemed to be at Owner's Risk (that is, they are NOT covered by Sendle Cover).
- Second-hand car parts
- Perishables (e.g. fresh fruit and vegetables, meat or frozen goods)
- Flowers or plants
- Cash or other negotiable instruments (e.g. tickets)
- Irreplaceable items or items with a value exceeding $300.00
- Irreplaceable legal documents or other valuables
- Fine art
- Second-hand goods and clothes
- Dangerous goods and prohibited items
- Jewellery, gems, trinkets or personal ornaments like rings, necklaces, trinkets or other items containing jewels or precious metals
7. Our Application Programming Interface
- Sendle provides a number of services, such as quoting, booking and tracking, via its Application Programming Interface (API).
- Sendle is the owner of the API however, we give you the right to use the API for your own purposes, explicitly for sending your own parcels.
- If you wish to use the API for the purpose of sending parcels for other parties, you must first seek the permission of Sendle to do so and adhere to any requirements set by Sendle from time to time. You can seek this permission by contacting the Sendle business team.
- This term should be read in conjunction with our Website User Agreement which sets out our (and your) intellectual property rights in more detail.
- Sendle will not arrange for the collection of goods on weekends or public holidays as they apply nationally, and to each State.
- Sendle will endeavour to pick up the parcel on the day specified, however, we do not provide a particular time for collection, nor do we call ahead to confirm that we are on our way.
- All parcels must be ready for collection on the designated date, including having a unique delivery label attached. If a parcel is not ready when the courier arrives for collection, the delivery will be considered futile and the delivery fees will be forfeited. Sendle may also charge a service fee for parcels consider futile. We will only collect parcels from the location specified in the pickup instructions.
- Parcels left unattended for collection are left at the responsibility of the Sender. Sendle does not have liability for any loss or damage that occurs to unattended parcels.
- Our delivery agents reserve the right to decline to enter any premises that they deem to be dangerous or unsafe. If this occurs, Sendle will attempt to contact the sender and/or the receiver to make alternative arrangements, failing which the parcel will be returned to the sender.
- Depending on our network of delivery providers we may not deliver to PO Boxes, locked bags or parcel lockers and deliveries are not made on weekends or public holidays as they apply nationally and to each State.
- We provide customers with an estimated date of delivery, however, these estimates are subject to change and are not guaranteed.
- All parcels are tracked within Sendle’s network of delivery providers. A parcel may be forwarded outside of this network and Sendle will cease receiving the tracking information. International deliveries will be processed by the global postal network and Sendle will rely on the tracking information received by postal operators.
- Parcels may be left unattended at the delivery address when marked “Authority to Leave” or “ATL” if the delivery provider deems it safe to do so. Sendle holds no responsibility for goods left unattended at a delivery address when the parcel is marked “ATL”.
- When choosing “ATL” the sender can select from a list of delivery instructions. These instructions may not be applicable or be ignored in some countries where postal providers are following different processes.
- If a parcel has been returned to depot and no instructions are provided by receiver within 5 days the parcel may be returned to sender at the discretion of the network provider.
- Sendle may make one attempt to re-deliver the parcel free of charge.
- If the first re-delivery attempt is unsuccessful, then the Customer may be able to arrange to collect the parcel from the courier or pay for a new delivery.
- In some cases, Sendle may allow a parcel to be marked as ‘Signature on Delivery’. Where a parcel is marked “signature on delivery” the delivery agent will require a signature to deliver the parcel. The signature is a record only of delivery to the address on the label, Sendle is not responsible for ensuring delivery to a particular recipient at an address.
- We rely upon the delivery details provided by the Sender, if an item is not accepted for delivery the parcel may be returned to the Sender.
- A valid credit card Payment is required to be connected to your Sendle account at the time of placing an order through the Sendle website. Sendle accepts payments through a third party payment gateway. Sendle does not store any credit card details.
- Sendle may choose to take payment for an order immediately at the time of placing an order, or on a weekly basis where a single payment will be taken for one or more orders.
- If a credit card payment fails, Sendle may either retry the payment after a number of days or choose to lock your account.
- Sendle does not charge a fuel levy, however, at times additional costs may apply due to taxes, duties or imports.
- Sendle reserves the right to charge an additional fee in the event that the booking weight or volume of your parcel is less than the actual weight or volume. This additional fee will be the difference in the cost of delivery between the booking weight or volume and the actual weight or volume. A service fee may also be charged in addition to the difference of the booking weight and the actual weight.
- Payment may be made by either the Sender or the Recipient of the parcel.
11. Cancellations or Changes
- Changes to delivery information can only be made prior to the parcel being collected.
- If a change to the delivery address arises once the parcel is in transit, a new delivery charge will apply. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to communicate the new address to the delivery agent.
- An order can only be cancelled prior to collection, in which case a full refund will be provided. Orders cannot be cancelled once they have been collected.
12. Limited Liability
- Without limiting the operation of the Australian Consumer Law, Sendle excludes all conditions, warranties, terms and guarantees otherwise implied by law.
- Parcels are sent at your own risk. Sendle excludes liability for any loss or damage that occurs during transit that is:
- attributable to your misconduct the misconduct of someone acting on your behalf,
- ordinary wear and tear,
- leakage from your Goods,
- ordinary loss in weight or volume shrinkage,
- ordinary leakage,
- inappropriate packaging,
- delay or caused by an event outside of our control.
- mould, moths, insects, rats or vermin,
- electrical or mechanical breakdown or malfunction unless there is visible external evidence of physical damage to the Parcel,
- rust, oxidisation or discolourisation
- or caused by strikers, locked-out workers, people taking part in labour disturbances, riots or civil commotions.
13. Force Majeure
- Except for obligations to make payment, non-performance by any Party will be excused to the extent that performance is rendered impossible or impractical by acts of God, lightning strike, earthquakes, floods, storms, explosions, fires and any natural disaster, acts of war, acts of public enemies, terrorism, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, sabotage and revolution or governmental acts, orders or restrictions.
- If any provision of this Agreement is invalid under any law the provision will be deleted from the Agreement and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales and Australia and the parties agree that any claim arising out of this Agreement will be heard in New South Wales.
15. Velocity Frequent Flyer
16. SendPro + Sendle
- You may choose to use a SendPro + Sendle Plan and Dashboard to access Sendle Services. In this case, you authorise Sendle to provide customer and usage data to Pitney Bowes, and for Pitney Bowes to contact you directly. SendPro® and Pitney Bowes® are trademarks of Pitney Bowes Australia Pty Ltd and its affiliates.