Starshipit is a logistics management platform that provides an easy way to book, track and manage your Sendle parcels. This article will explain how to set it up.
Set up your accounts first
You need to have both a Starshipit account and a Sendle account to get started:
- Create a free Sendle account here. If you’re also a Starshipit customer, you get to enjoy Sendle Premium with no minimum requirements – just great rates.
- Create a Starshipit account here.
How to connect Starshipit with Sendle
Now that you have a Sendle account and a Starshipit account, it’s really easy to connect them (you can also read more on Starshipit’s site).
1. Generate your Sendle API:
- Log in to your Sendle dashboard
- Click on the Settings tab on your left
- Click on the API tab at the top
- Follow the prompts to generate an API key and your Sendle ID
- Complete the Dangerous Goods declaration on the Sender details tab (you’ll need to do this to use Sendle)
- Add a credit card for billing purposes (this is required to make the integration work)
2. Next, head on over to your Starshipit dashboard and enter your Sendle details:
- Go to 'Settings' then 'Carrier'
- Select 'Add Courier' and choose 'Sendle'
- Click 'Enable Sendle'
- Enter the required information, including your newly generated Sendle API
- Click 'Save'
3. Lastly, enter your Sendle product codes to Starshipit (Sendle will determine the product code according to the parcel, but you still need to enter a product code in Starshipit.)
- Click on 'Add Product Code'
- Enter the required fields (we recommend entering Sendle for both fields)
- Tick 'Make Default'
- Click on 'Add'
Woo! Now you're connected!
Here’s a video that runs through the process:
Regenerating your Sendle API key
To regenerate your Sendle API key, simply click the 'Regenerate API key' button in your Sendle dashboard under 'Settings'.
Heads up: if you click this button, it’ll mean any previous integrations you have with Sendle using the 'old' key will stop working. You'll need to reconnect with the new API key if this is the case.
Questions about integrations?
For business: Want to get the most out of Starshipit and Sendle? Contact our business team.
For help: If you’re struggling with the setup of your integration, just reach out to Sendle’s support team.