ShipStation is a logistics management platform that provides an easy way to book, track and manage your Sendle parcels. The best part is that you’ll get awesome benefits for using them together! This article will explain how to set it up.
International parcels: You can now also send your international parcels with Sendle through this integration!
Set up your accounts first
Before you begin, you need to have both a ShipStation account and a Sendle account. Lucky it’s easy (and free!) to set them up if you haven’t already:
- Create a free Sendle account here. If you’re also a ShipStation customer, you get to enjoy Sendle Premium with no minimum requirements – just great rates.
- Create a free ShipStation account here. When you sign up via this link you will also get a free 60-day trial with ShipStation.
How to connect ShipStation with Sendle
Now you have a Sendle account and a ShipStation account, it’s really easy to connect them.
- Generate your Sendle API
- Log in to your Sendle dashboard
- Click on the Settings tab on your left
- Click on the Integrations tab at the top
- Follow the prompts to generate an API key and your Sendle ID
- Complete the Dangerous Goods declaration on the pickup tab (you’ll need to do this to use Sendle)
- Add a credit card for billing purposes (this is required to make the integration work)
- Connect Sendle API to ShipStation
- Login to your ShipStation dashboard
- Go to 'Account Settings' (the gear icon in the upper-right)
- From the sidebar on the left, select 'Shipping' and then click 'Carriers & Fulfilment'
- On the next page, select '+Add a Provider Account' and choose 'Sendle'
- In the popup, enter your API key, Sendle ID and an account nickname
- Click 'Connect'
Now you're connected and ready to quote, book and track your Sendle parcels with ShipStation!
Regenerating your Sendle API key
To regenerate your Sendle API key, simply click the 'Regenerate API key' button in your Sendle dashboard under 'Settings'.
Heads up: if you click this button, it’ll mean any previous integrations you have with Sendle using the 'old' key will stop working. You'll need to reconnect with the new API key if this is the case.
Questions about integrations?
For business: Want to get the most out of ShipStation and Sendle? Talk with our business team.
For help: If you’re struggling with the setup of your integration, just reach out to Sendle’s support team.