Sendle supports eBay’s Click & Collect program, allowing customers to purchase items from eBay sellers and have it delivered to their nearest Woolworths or BIG W store.
You can use this feature through Sendle’s eBay integration – which means you can sell your items on eBay, offer the Click & Collect option to your customers and then pull those orders into Sendle (with the Click & Collect address filled out).
How to set up Click & Collect from your eBay store
It’s easy to setup Click & Collect from your eBay store, here’s how:
- Start by listing all eligible items for the Click & Collect program (the eBay system will apply the Click & Collect option for all eligible listings).
- If Click & Collect is not shown in your listings, please contact eBay for help.
- Then whenever your eBay customer chooses Click & Collect as their delivery option on eBay, it will automatically replace the customer’s home address with their chosen Woolworths or BIG W store address.
- A unique identifier (known as an ‘eCP:XXXXXXXX’ code) will be added to the customer’s second address line, to make sure the parcel is identifiable. It’ll look like this:
- Simply print their shipping label (make sure the eCP code is clearly visible)
- You can now ship their package as normal with Sendle, wahoo!
Delivery and collection
When the customer’s package is delivered to the Woolworths or BIG W store by our courier partner, eBay will notify the buyer through text or email and send them a unique collection code. The item code and the collection code are different codes, matched by Woolworths’ in-store systems.
If an item isn't collected, it may be returned to you and you may be required to issue the buyer a refund. Buyers who fail to collect an item cannot claim the item was not received.
How does it work for receivers?
- An eBay customer can view items offered in your eBay store under the Click & Collect program via the ‘View Item Page’ and available search filter.
- The customer is then presented with a list of Woolworths or Big W stores, starting with the nearest to their selected postcode or suburb.
- The customer purchases the selected item with the Click & Collect option.
- Once the item arrives at the chosen store, the customer is notified by text or email that the item is ready for collection and will receive a unique collection code. The item code and the collection code are different codes, matched by Woolworths’ in-store systems.
- The customer goes to the collection point, provides Woolworths or BIG W staff with collection code and receives the item. The buyer is required to collect the item within 7 days.
Things to keep in mind
There are a couple of things you should keep in mind when using Sendle and eBay’s Click & Collect program:
- If you’re a Sendle customer who wants to offer eBay’s Click & Collect service for your eligible items, click here for all the details about listing requirements, size and weight limits, as well as other technical stuff.
- Sendle will transport items that are within our size and weight limits. However, eBay’s Click & Collect program has its own limits for items deemed to be too large (anything beyond 41.2cm x 50cm x 36cm) or too heavy (anything over 16kg). If something falls outside of these limits, they could be rejected upon arrival at Woolworths (and may be disposed of without reimbursement).
- When you use Sendle’s service, you provide Sendle with a warranty that your parcel does not include any Prohibited or Dangerous Goods. Goods of this nature will not be insured and cannot be transported by our couriers.
- There are items that aren’t included in Sendle’s dangerous and prohibited goods list, but are considered excluded goods and may not be eligible for eBay’s Click & Collect program.