If your parcel wasn’t delivered within 2 days of the estimated delivery window (and you are eligible for Sendle’s 2-Day Delivery Guarantee), you may want to submit a claim for that parcel.
This article will show you how to claim the 2-Day Delivery Guarantee.
(Pssst: If you want to know what Sendle's 2-Day Delivery Guarantee is, this article is probably the one you’re after.)
If you are unsure whether or not your parcel is covered by Sendle’s 2-Day Delivery Guarantee, check out our Terms and Conditions here.
If you’re covered, collect the following details:
- The Sendle order reference for the delivery (for example: S3NDL3)
- Proof that your customer claimed the guarantee against you (for eBay customers, this will be a screenshot of the eBay invoice where the order was refunded)
- Fill out this form within 30 business days of parcel delivery
- In the ‘About’ field, click I have a problem with my parcel > I am the sender> I want to file a claim for Sendle's 2 Day Delivery Guarantee
- Don’t forget to include the collected info (mentioned above) as an attachment!
- Sendle will verify that this parcel is covered by the guarantee (this may take two to three business days)
- Once verified, you’ll get a refund to your account with the total shipping cost you paid
Here’s more on the 2-Day Delivery Guarantee: