Sent something internationally and wondering why it hasn’t been delivered yet? This article should clear some things up for you.
All tracking updates are visible in your dashboard. Just login and click on the order you want to track.
Once the parcel has left Australia, it will be assigned a local reference number by the local post office of the destination country. You’ll need this number to communicate with the local post office and to track your parcel with them.
Keep in mind there won’t be any tracking updates while the parcel is in the air or with customs, so it’s normal for there to be a period of no tracking.
If the parcel is late
If it’s been more than two business days since the delivery estimate and you’re worried the parcel hasn’t arrived yet, the quickest and easiest thing to do is:
- Get the receiver to follow up with the postal or customs authority in the destination country
- There’s some important information that only these authorities will be able to provide, such as:
- Information about customs, import tax and duties payable or how to request specific delivery instructions
- Enquiries about where the parcel is or why it has been held up, or what is going on, if a tracking update doesn't seem right
- When speaking to the postal or customs authority, refer to the local reference number (you can find this on the tracking page) to help them locate your order.
It might be stuck in customs
It could be held in customs because:
- The local customs authority needs to better understand what is in your parcel, and what you intend to use it for
- The parcel is considered high-value, and so an import duty needs to be paid
If the tracking pages show your parcel is ‘Held in Customs’, here’s what to do:
- Wait until the local customs authority contacts the receiver to obtain the additional information they need to clear the parcel
- If the receiver hasn’t been contacted by the relevant customs agency for seven business days after that scanning event appeared, they should contact them directly to inquire about its status
Most Sendle parcels will clear customs quite easily, and our article on customs requirements will explain why this is.