Almost all Sendle parcels are picked up the day they are requested. But sometimes things can happen and there can be small delays with parcel pickup. Don’t worry – with Sendle’s Pickup Guarantee we’ll sort it out.
In this article we’ve covered why delays can occur, and what to do if that happens to you.
Why are there delays?
Common reasons drivers are delayed include:
- Traffic is unusually heavy – often due to poor weather, accidents, or events.
- The driver has unexpectedly received more bookings than normal. This can mean that: there is no room in the van for more parcels, parcels need to be delivered first, or they must make it back to the depot for the lunchtime deadline and can't complete the suburb collections that day.
- The driver's handheld scanner is broken, or there is a technology breakdown on the delivery partner's end.
- The driver couldn’t find your address (it’s helpful if you check that your address can be found on Google Maps. If it can’t be found or shows the wrong location, chances are the driver will have trouble finding it, too).
- You are located in a more remote (or limited service) area and the driver doesn’t collect parcels every day. If that’s the case, we recommend speaking to the driver to find out their schedule.
- A pickup could also be deemed unsuccessful if the driver couldn't safely access the premises.
We’re onto it.
In a nutshell, if our driver hasn’t picked the parcel up on the scheduled date, we’ll send a dedicated pickup driver the next business day at our cost.* There are some conditions to this guarantee, so please have a look at our Pickup Guarantee T&Cs.
If a pickup does not happen on the day it has been requested, a couple of things happen:
- At 4pm, the Sendle system re-books the pickup with the driver for the next business day. The driver assigned to your location will be notified that your parcel still needs collecting. As per our Pickup Guarantee, for eligible locations we will also book the parcel with a dedicated pickup driver.
- You will get a notification on your dashboard to confirm this rebooking, but you can also make any updates (like rescheduling pickup or cancelling) to the booking yourself via the parcel's tracking page.
If the pickup is delayed for another day, the Sendle team will:
- Escalate this with our delivery partners, and will continue to try to get this parcel picked up for you.
- We will get in touch with you if there is any challenge in finding the address or collecting the parcel.
Unsuccessfully attempted pickups
A few reasons a pickup driver might have trouble while attempting to pick up the parcel:
- No-one was at home
- The parcel wasn't ready
- The driver couldn't access the premises
If this happens, you will need to go to your order and reschedule a new pickup. Making sure the address is correct and the pickup instructions are clear.
Our support team actively monitor tracking to ensure pickups are collected quickly – so there’s no need to open a support enquiry.
However, if you have a question or ongoing issue and want to speak to our friendly team, we’re available. Just get in touch with Sendle Support and quote your order reference number.