We’re continuing our door-to-door deliveries across Australia and the US.
As an essential service, we’re working harder than ever to keep your parcels going where they need to – especially during times of crisis. Which is why your safety and that of our drivers’ is our top priority.
Enter: Sendle’s contactless pickup and delivery.
If you’re self isolating or practising social distancing (we hope you are!), this means you won’t have close contact with the driver, shared pens or the scanning device.
Here’s how you can make sure your parcel pickups and deliveries are contactless:
- Sendle pickup is a safe option if you are self isolating at home, or avoiding contact with others. Make sure your parcel is left in a safe place as per your pickup instructions.
- Choose ‘Authority to Leave’ when booking your order with Sendle. This means the driver can leave it in a safe place at the delivery address, without getting a signature (subject to whether the driver deems it secure to do so). This will reduce the contact between your receiver and our drivers, and if you like, our delivery drivers can also take a signature on your behalf.
- Current orders booked with ‘Signature on Delivery’ may be changed to ‘Authority to Leave’ (done at the driver’s discretion). If the parcel couldn’t be delivered safely, you can request redelivery and choose Authority to Leave.
- For international orders: To comply with the mandatory requirement of photo ID on pickup, you can place your photo ID next to the parcel (so the driver can still view), while maintaining social distancing or you can show the driver your ID through a window.
In addition to our contactless pickup and drop off options, our drivers and our team are following the guidelines of governments and health authorities around the world: we’re practising social distancing and the strictest hygiene measures (and hope you are too!).
What you can do to help our drivers stay safe:
To keep small businesses, your customers, and our delivery drivers safe, we ask that everyone practices social distancing and good hygiene. That includes:
- Not shaking hands or touching others
- Staying 2 metres (6 1/2 feet) away from other people
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Using a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Disposing of tissues in a rubbish or trash bin
Heads up: according to The World Health Organisation (WHO), the likelihood of an infected person contaminating goods is low, as is the risk of catching COVID-19 from a parcel that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperatures.
Sendle are here to ensure your business runs as smoothly as possible and your parcels delivered safely, reliably and affordably.
If you’d like more information about Sendle and our COVID-19 measures, check out our blog post.