If you’re after info about Sendle’s ShipStation Integration (where your ShipStation orders are synced to your Sendle dashboard to book the delivery), head right this way.
This article will cover everything you need to know about ShipStation OneBalance with Sendle.
Print your Sendle label directly from your ShipStation account
As a ShipStation account holder, you can print your parcel labels directly from your ShipStation dashboard – no need to log in to the Sendle dashboard. You can read more about setting up your account here.
How does ShipStation OneBalance with Sendle work?
Sendle is a door-to-door pickup and delivery service, which is all included in one low shipping price.
There are three network zones within Australia: same-city, national and remote.
Here are the full lists of our:
- Pickup suburbs
- National delivery suburbs (>94% of deliveries)
- Remote delivery suburbs (<6% of deliveries)
We ship to over 220 countries worldwide from all the major cities in Australia; Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Perth. Check out our full pickup network here and delivery countries.
Sendle Express is our express delivery option. It’s the same as regular Sendle – but faster. Once your parcel’s been picked up you’ll get 2-day delivery, whether you’re sending it across the city or across the country.
Maximum parcel sizes and weights
- 250g Pouch maximum length is 80cm
- The longest side of any parcels cannot be bigger than 1.8m (180cm) for parcels 20kg and over, or 1.2m (120cm) for parcels under 20kg
- The largest volume for any parcel is 100L
- The heaviest weight for any parcel is 25kg
- For parcels up to 2kg, the combined dimensions must be no greater than 90cm
- For parcels over 2kg (max 20kg), the combined dimensions must be no greater than 150cm
How to do Sendle pickup:
- Create your label within ShipStation (you’ll be able to select up to three days in the future). Choose the size as either a Satchel (under 500g, less than 0.002 cubic metres and booked as ‘Authority to Leave’) or Parcel (you have the option of ‘no Authority to Leave’ with this size).
- Package your parcel sufficiently (here’s some guidance on packaging).
- Print the label in its original form – we can’t accept handwritten labels – and stick it on the parcel (the pickup date will be on there too). For more info about labelling your parcel, jump over here.
- Have the parcel ready for the pickup driver on the selected pickup date (the driver will be there anytime between 8am and 6pm, unfortunately we can’t set a time and the driver can’t call in advance).
When your parcel is travelling
How can I track a parcel I’m sending or receiving?
When booking via ShipStation, tracking details are automatically updated on your ShipStation dashboard. If a shipment receives a tracking number, click on that tracking number anywhere it appears in ShipStation. You will be redirected to the carrier's tracking page, where you can view all tracking events provided by the carrier.
What if there was no pickup or delivery scan?
If the pickup or delivery scan is missing, Sendle will conduct a thorough investigation to confirm the pickup and delivery date. Sendle may contact the receiver of the parcel to verify the delivery date.
What happens if my parcel is returned to the sender after I have dropped it off?
The parcel will be returned to the sender address on the label.
Will I receive confirmation when I drop off my parcel?
Your Sendle tracking page will update shortly after your parcel is scanned at the drop off location.
Editing or cancelling an order
How do I cancel a label that hasn’t been picked up or dropped off yet?
In order to cancel a parcel that has not been picked up or dropped off, follow these steps outlined by ShipStation.
How do I reschedule a pickup?
Once a label has been created, the Ship Date can not be changed. More info on ShipStation’s site.
All domestic Sendle parcels are delivered with Authority to Leave (ATL), which means the delivery driver will leave the parcel at the receiver's door if it is accessible and safe to do so.
You can read more about international delivery methods here.
If something goes wrong
It’s uncommon, but sometimes things happen. In the unlikely event that the delivery process wasn’t smooth, here’s what to do:
If the parcel pickup was missed
- Sendle automatically re-books any missed pickups.
- If your pickup was missed and you have no pickup instructions, we recommend you reach out to us to get those added.
Delivered parcel can’t be found
- Contact Sendle support via your tracking page.
Every order made with ShipStation Shipping has free cover for loss and damage up to $100 (including GST). And if your item has a higher value, you can purchase insurance from a third-party provider (Sendle Extra Cover is not currently available on this platform). Here’s more information about the Cover Policy, including eligibility requirements.
Here are the steps on how to file a claim:
- Please go to the Orders or Shipments grid in your ShipStation account to locate your Sendle parcel and click on the Sendle reference number.
- This will take you to the Sendle tracking page where you will be able to file the claim now that it's declared lost.
- On the "Make a Claim" section of your screen, you may click the "Start Claim" button.
- Please fill out all the details and attach the necessary invoices (e.g. cost price invoice & sales invoice) and submit for claims processing.
If you need to get in touch with Sendle’s support team:
- Click on the Sendle reference number in your ShipStation Orders or Shipments grid
- Use the Sendle tools on the tracking page to contact the Sendle team