1) Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms & Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms & Conditions is invalid. Entry into the promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
2) Entry is open only to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence by the Contest Opening Date (as defined below). Directors, management, employees, members of the jury, agents, representative or mandatary of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, affiliated companies, advertising or promotion agencies, the suppliers of material, prizes and services related to the promotion, and any other stakeholder directly related to the holding of the promotion are not eligible to enter this promotion, as well as the members of their immediate family (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children and legal or de facto spouse) and anyone with whom these employees, representatives and agents are domiciled.
To be eligible for entry in the judging, (i) participants must click either of the survey links above. Participant must then fill in the survey and in 25 words or less, describe what fictional character they’d send a parcel to and why ("eligible entry"), or (ii) Participants may enter by providing the following mandatory information via mail to be addressed to Sendle Canada, Inc. 2967 Dundas St. W. #969 Toronto, Ontario M6P1Z2, Attn: Lauren Helstab: (i) first name; (ii) last name; (iii) email address; (iv) phone number; (v) address; (vi) date of birth to confirm that they have reached the age of majority in their province; (vii) in 25 words or less, describe what they would send their childhood self in a parcel, and (viii) confirmation that they have read and understood the contest rules. Multiple entries by each participant will be not permitted.
4) The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
5) All Entries will be judged beginning on March 14, 2023, based on the content and creativity of the answer to what fictional character they would send a parcel to, and why, by a panel of judges at Sendle. The winners will be notified by phone and/or in writing by email at 12pm on Thursday, 16 March 2023, and the prizes will be distributed within 7 days thereof.
The entries judged as the most deserving and creative, from all entries received, by the panel of judges will win the prize from the Sendle competition. Odds of winning also depend upon the number of participants engaging in the promotion.
The winners will need to answer a mathematical skill question in order to claim the prizes.
6) The Promoter reserves the right to re-judge a prize in the event of any entrant being unable to satisfy these competition conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. If any prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct further judging, as required.
7) Prizes are not transferable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize must be taken as described and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as described. The Promoter reserves the right, at their sole option, to substitute any of the identified prizes for a prize of comparable value. In the event a prize is not accepted in accordance with its attached conditions, the prize will be deemed to be forfeited.
8) Prize values are correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prizes. There shall be two (2) winners (1 for each Product Survey and Customer Survey), and Prizes shall include two (2) $450 Visa Cards. All winners will be in Canada.
9) The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
10) Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting any prize is the responsibility of the winner.
11) Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12) The winner, without receiving additional compensation or notification, gives rights to the use worldwide and in perpetuity of their name, address (city, province), image, voice, statements, comments, photographs and/or other likeness, by the Promoter for any purpose whatsoever through all media, including, without limitation, the internet for advertising or promotional purposes, and they agree to sign any additional document that could serve to assign the rights to their image, in particular, to the Promoter. The Promoter will own the copyright in any such photographs and in all material incorporating the photographs.
13) If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned (whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
14) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
15) The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Canadian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
For further information regarding the use of personal information by the Promoter as described in the policy regarding the protection of personal information and the right to privacy adopted by the Promoter and its affiliates, the participant is invited to visit its website: https://support.sendle.com/hc/en-ca/articles/206525557-Privacy-Policy .
16) By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees in addition to the above uses, that the Promoter may disclose entrants' personal information, to provincial and territorial lottery and gaming commissions, the winners' names will be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation and the Promoter may publish or cause to be published the winners' names and suburb in any media.
For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement”;
(17) By entering the promotion, the participant acknowledges having read and understood these Terms & Conditions and agrees to be bound by them and to comply with them. The participant declares that these Terms & Conditions are understandable and reasonably available for consultation
18) The Promoter is Sendle Canada, Inc. 2967 Dundas St. W. #969 Toronto, Ontario M6P1Z2