You can create delivery orders directly from orders in your Shopify store by connecting it to your Sendle dashboard.
In this article, we’ll show you how to connect your store in just a few clicks, pull orders over instantly, create shipping labels, and track your orders seamlessly:
How to connect your Shopify store:
- Sign up for a free Sendle account.
- Head to the Shopify tab in the left-hand navigation menu of your Sendle dashboard.
- Log in securely to your Shopify account via that tab (you will need to use your Shopify admin URL, found in the Shopify admin screen).
- Sendle will import and sync all of your unfulfilled and partially-filled Shopify orders that have been paid for (but we won’t import any orders with payment pending or orders that are automatically fulfilled).
How to connect multiple Shopify stores
At this stage, we don't have the on-hand support to integrate more than one store in your Sendle dashboard.
But we have come up with some workarounds to help you out:
- Have a separate, second Sendle account for your other Shopify store (it’s completely free!).
- Use a third-party logistics platform, such as ShipStation (available soon).
These platforms allow for multiple eCommerce stores, automate booking processes and have seamless tracking functionality if you're using Sendle (and other carriers as well).