Send your parcels in time for Christmas
It’s an exciting time of year for small businesses - ours too! To help with the holiday rush, we’ve grown the team significantly and will offer clear guidance about our domestic and international cut-off dates to you - so you're well prepared.
Domestic pickup dates for Christmas
Deliveries during the holiday season can sometimes take longer than usual because the parcel routes are much busier. This year in particular, Christmas Day falls on a Monday, so we lose the weekend before as well.
Below are the domestic dates we advise you to send by to best ensure a delivery before or by Christmas Day.
Last pickup date: Tuesday 19 December
This includes pickup and delivery from within the same metro areas such as Surry Hills to Bankstown in Sydney or Footscray to St Kilda in Melbourne.
Short-haul national deliveries
Last pickup date: Thursday 14 December
This includes deliveries to interstate metro areas or same-state regional areas such as Sydney to Melbourne, Adelaide to Sydney, Melbourne to Brisbane, Tasmania to Melbourne or Canberra to Adelaide.
Long-haul national deliveries
Last pickup date: Thursday 7 December
This includes deliveries to or from Western Australia, to or from far North Queensland or to remote areas (including in NSW and Victoria).
Download a PDF of our Christmas domestic cut-off dates here, so you always have a copy.
International pickup dates for Christmas
For Sydney customers, Sendle's international service is now live.
This means that customers from in over 400 Sydney suburbs can send to homes worldwide for low, flat-rates. Below are the recommended dates we advise you to send by to best ensure a delivery before or by Christmas Day.
USA, Canada, Middle East, South America, Africa, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean
Last pickup date: Thursday 23 November
This includes the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Czech Republic, Estonia, Jamaica, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Madeira, Poland, Romania, Russian Fed, Serbia and South Africa.
Asia-Pacific and Western Europe
Last pickup date: Thursday 30 November
This includes American Samoa, Bangladesh, South Korea, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka and the United Kingdom.
Last pickup date: Thursday 7 December
This includes deliveries to both the South and North islands of New Zealand.
Download a PDF of our Christmas international cut-off dates here, so you always have a copy.
To help you manage the holiday rush, we'll do our best to keep prompting you of our recommended pickup cut-off dates. In particular, we've built a countdown timer in your dashboard that will take you all the way up to the last pickup date for your route.
As well as this, we'll show you a reminder if you book after the recommended date for your parcel's route, so you can communicate it to your customer quickly to avoid disappointment.
Holiday opening hours & delivery
Sendle is normally open Monday to Friday, but like the Christmas elves, we'll make the service available to you for as long as we can over the holiday period.
Here's when we'll be open, collecting and delivering during the Christmas and New Year break:
- Thursday 23 November: Last pickup date for deliveries to the USA, Canada, Middle East, South America, Africa, Eastern Europe and the Caribbean.
- Thursday 30 November: Last pickup date for deliveries to Asia-Pacific and Western Europe.
- Thursday 7 December: Last pickup date for long-haul domestic deliveries and deliveries to New Zealand.
- Thursday 14 December: Last pickup date for short-haul domestic deliveries.
- Tuesday 19 December: Last pickup date for same-city domestic deliveries.
- Thursday 21 December: Last pickup date for all parcels.
- Friday 22 December: Sendle has a limited service for domestic deliveries today.
- Monday 25 December: Merry Christmas! Sendle is closed.
- Tuesday 26 December: Happy Boxing Day! Sendle is closed.
- Wednesday 27 December: Sendle is open, but has limited regional, remote and customer service.
- Thursday 28 December: Sendle is open, but has limited regional, remote and customer service.
- Friday 29 December: Sendle is open, but has limited regional, remote and customer service.
- Monday 1 January - Happy New Year! Sendle is closed.
- Tuesday 2 January - Sendle is open, and we resume normal business activity.
Help & support hours
- Opening hours: Sendle is open 9am - 6pm Monday - Friday, AEDT.
- Limited customer service days: Wednesday 27 December, Thursday 28 December, Friday 29 December.
- Sendle is closed: Monday 25 December, Tuesday 26 December, Monday 1 January.
The whole team at Sendle hope you have a restful, relaxing and joyful break.