Sendle’s purpose is to help small business thrive. One of the most important ways we do this is by helping to keep our planet and environment healthy.
We believe that a great delivery service doesn’t and shouldn’t cost the earth. That’s why Sendle is Australia’s first 100% carbon-neutral delivery service (and a B-Corp!).
Proud to send carbon-neutral?
Add Sendle's carbon-neutral delivery logo to your website and champion change.
How do we offset?
Sendle has partnered with South Pole Group to offset the emissions of every parcel that is picked up and delivered with Sendle. Each year, Sendle's community of business owners have been given the opportunity to direct their impact by choosing the projects that offset Sendle's carbon emissions. Projects we currently support:
Myamyn Conservation Project (Australia)
A true blue Aussie legend, the Long-nosed Potoroo, is still under threat. The Potoroo community in the Annya State forest was logged in the 1980’s and visits by feral cats, invasive plants and illegal poaching mean the little guy is still on the endangered list. By protecting against further tree clearing, and replanting with natural vegetation, this project ensures these amazing animals don’t become another extinction statistic. Learn more about this project here.
- 8 ha of remnant forest conserved
- 20 ecologically significant large old trees (that’s a real science term!) protected
- Replanting and weeding programs helping to improve the quality of habitat for threatened species such as Scented Spider-orchid, Powerful Owl and the Long-nosed Potoroo
Madre de Dios Amazon Conservation (Peru)
The Amazon is celebrated as a hub of biodiversity. Yet it remains under constant threat from human interference – most recently as a result of the new Inter Ocean Highway. The Peruvian Madre de Dios rainforest is home to eleven endangered wildlife species (including the jaguar and giant armadillo) and four endangered plant species. This project limits the impact of human immigration and development through sustainable timber concessions, as well as community education and support. Learn more about this project here.
- 659,793 million tonnes of CO2 emissions prevented annually
- 98,932 ha of rainforest managed sustainably by timber concessions
- Over 4.7 million rainforest trees protected
Projects we have supported in the past:
- Myamyn Conservation Project
- Breathing Space
- Tasmanian Native Forest Protection
- Toyola Cookstoves
- Healthy Cookstoves and Water Treatment
- Borneo Rainforest Rehabilitation