Like you, we want your parcel to arrive in perfect condition. Knocks and bumps are an expected part of delivery, so it's important you know how to best package your parcels. Below is a 5 step guide to perfect packaging. In a nutshell, we describe this as: well packed, arrive intact!
This is our best packaging advice:
- Double box your products. Place one container inside another, with a cushioning material, such as scrunched up newspaper, in between the two. It might feel like overkill, but for fragile items this is a must.
- Your packaging materials need to be tough and strong as you want a nice hard shell for your products to travel in.
- Fill empty space to keep things in place and prevent rattling. Silence is golden.
- Seal it shut with strong tape.
- Don't substitute secure packaging for 'fragile' or 'handle with care' stickers. Machines can't read these stickers, and so can't take extra care when sorting.
If your parcel is particularly fragile, sharp or contains crushable items these extra tips are useful:
- Pad each item separately with bubble/foam wrap, tissue paper or newspaper.
- pay special attention to the corners, edges and bits that stick out.
- Use strong rigid material larger than the object to minimise chances of crushing if it is a photo or drawing etc.
- Mark with appropriate labels (e.g. contains glass, this way up, contains liquids etc)
- If your parcel contains liquids, is sharp, or could damage other parcels in any way then it also also your responsibility to ensure that the packaging prevents damage to other parcels.
- Sendle does not offer compensation or insurance for damaged parcels.