If you want to share and manage shipping logistics with your customers via your online store, using Sendle’s API is a simple way to streamline quoting, booking, and tracking directly through your own platform. Plus, it can be built into your codebase in just a few hours—but we recommend you use a professional web developer for this part!
This article will show you how to start the process:
1. First things first: Read Sendle's API Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions and the Website User Agreement before integrating Sendle's API. It might take a few more minutes, but it’s important!
2. Integrate the API for your online store
Work with a developer on this part! You can access the API documents here: https://developers.sendle.com
3. Let the developer play in the API Sandbox
The Sandbox can be used by developers to run through the API, see how it works and test it out: https://sandbox.sendle.com
Give the developer the Stripe Test card for credit card details: https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards
4. Generate your API key
To get access to Sendle's API, you'll need your API key (this is a unique password for your account, so it's important to keep it safe and secret).
This is how you generate it:
- Sign in to your Sendle dashboard
- Go to ‘Settings’
- Click on the ‘API’ tab
- Pop in your website URL and any other information (this is used for identification purposes only – it's OK to use a staging URL or another one)
- Press the 'Claim Access' button (this will display your API key and your Sendle ID)
- Complete the Dangerous Goods declaration on the Sender details tab (you must do this to use Sendle)
- Add a credit card for billing purposes
Regenerate your API key
To regenerate your API key, simply click the 'Regenerate API key' button.
However, by clicking this button, it will mean that any previous integrations you have with Sendle using the 'old' key will stop working. You'll need to reconnect these with the new API key.
Have API questions or concerns?
Then reach out to us!
Sendle’s business team for website integration and information or our support team if you’re running into any issues.