Sendle has a dedicated 500g A4 satchel option for smaller, lighter items. Below is all the information you need to know to use the 500g A4 satchel option. There’s no need to prepay or bulk-buy - simply pay for what you send.
- What are the size and weight requirements?
Your satchel can be as big as A4 size (355mm x 220mm) and can weigh up to 500g.
- How much do 500g A4 satchels cost to send?
Satchels can be sent nation-wide for low flat-rates, starting from $6.95. This includes the pickup, tracking, GST and fuel levies. Get a quick quote from your dashboard, or view all pricing for satchels here.
- Can I get a signature when the satchel is delivered?
Your satchel will be delivered on the first attempt, without a signature. If you need a signature on delivery, simply choose the 2kg shoebox size.
- Do I need to provide the satchel?
Yes, you need to buy satchels in order to use the satchel size on Sendle. You can buy A4 satchels from your favourite packaging or office supply shop.
- Are satchels pre-paid?
There’s no need to prepay or bulk-buy. When you book online, you’ll be given a label to download and attach to your satchel. You’ll only pay for what you book.
- What are the packaging requirements for my satchel?
The satchel must be A4 Size (355mm x 220mm). It cannot be a box, it must be a soft bag (padded is fine). Here are some best practice packaging tips.
- What insurance is available for my satchel?
Insurance is available for satchels. The level of coverage is the same for satchels as for every other size on Sendle. Read more here.
- Are Sendle’s satchels express or overnight?
Satchels are also sent by road, and are not express or overnight guaranteed.
- If my item fits into a satchel but weighs more than 500g, can I book it as a satchel?
No your item is bigger than 500g and so must be booked as a shoebox size or above, depending on the weight. You would also need to choose a bigger size if your parcel is bigger than the A4 satchel (355mm x 220mm) but weighs less than 500g.