This article covers everything you need to know about using Sendle as a carrier within ShipStation Carriers. If you’re after the ShipStation integration, head over to this article about using Sendle's API and your own Sendle account.
How does ShipStation Carriers with Sendle work?
Sendle is a door-to-door pickup and delivery service, tapping into big-business delivery networks. Instead of a Sendle truck showing up, one of our pickup partners collects your packages.
ShipStation Carriers lets you access Sendle without needing your own Sendle account. After enabling Additional Carriers you’ll be able to access Sendle directly from your ShipStation dashboard – no need to log in to Sendle.
Getting ready for a Sendle pickup
- Create your label within ShipStation (the pickup date can be up to three days in the future).
- Prepare your package using our Packaging Guidelines. Note, using branded packaging from other carriers may result in adjustment charges, confusion from whoever is collecting and transporting your package, and the package being returned to you.
- Print the label as-is – we can’t accept handwritten labels – and stick it to your package. See our How to label the package article for details.
- Have your package ready for the pickup driver on the selected date. Note, since Sendle taps into big-business delivery networks, different drivers can collect your package. If you’re sending more than one package on the same day, separate them according to the logo on the label.
If you’ve decided to drop off your package instead, you can do so at any post office or blue collection box near you, or leave it with your regular mail carrier.
Shipping packages with Sendle and ShipStation
What you can send
When it comes to shipping with Sendle, the world is your oyster (just don’t ship oysters, please)! There are dangerous and prohibited goods that we can’t pick up or deliver, and some ‘owner’s risk’ items that can be sent at your discretion (but won’t be covered by Sendle for loss or damage).
Where we ship
- Throughout the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands
- US P.O. Boxes
- Domestic military bases
- Internationally – check out more info on international delivery from the U.S.
Where we don’t ship
- Military or diplomatic (APO, FPO, and DPO) addresses
- Certain US territories (such as Guam and American Samoa)
That’s because getting into these places can be tricky or prohibited altogether without access to a docking bay (something that’s often required at these types of locations).
Size and weight limits for packages
- The maximum combined length and circumference of any package is 108" (this includes outer packaging). Circumference is width plus height multiplied by two, so combined length and circumference = L + 2x(W+H)
- The maximum length of any side is 22"
- The largest package is 50 lb and up to 3,000 in³
Every order made via ShipStation Carriers with Sendle has free cover for loss and damage replacing lost or damaged goods up to the policy limits USD $100 for Sendle Saver services, and up to $150 USD for Sendle Preferred services – this does not include Sales Tax.
If your item has a higher value, you can purchase extra insurance from a third-party provider. Here’s more information about the Cover Policy, including eligibility requirements.
To file a Sendle Cover claim, reach out to Sendle’s support team with details about the package, and we’ll launch an investigation.
When your package is traveling
How can I track a package I’m sending or receiving?
When booking via ShipStation, tracking details are automatically updated on your ShipStation dashboard. Sendle will send you any relevant tracking updates via email as well, if you include your email address on the booking.
What if there was no pickup or delivery scan?
If any scans are missing, Sendle will conduct a thorough investigation to confirm the pickup and delivery date, and communicate with you throughout the process. Sendle may contact the receiver of the package to verify the delivery date.
What happens if my package is returned to the sender?
If Sendle can’t deliver the package, the package will be returned to the sender address on the label for no extra charge.
Will I receive confirmation when my package is picked up or dropped off?
Your Sendle tracking page will update shortly after your package is scanned by the pickup driver or at the drop off location.
Editing or cancelling an order
How do I cancel a label that hasn’t been used yet?
You can cancel a package that has not been picked up or dropped off, simply follow these steps outlined by ShipStation.
How do I reschedule a pickup?
Once a label has been created, the Ship Date can not be changed. Read more on ShipStation’s site.
If something goes wrong
It’s uncommon, but sometimes things happen. In the unlikely event that the delivery process wasn’t smooth, here’s what to do:
My package was not picked up
Sendle automatically re-books any missed pickups. If your pickup was missed and you have no pickup instructions, just reach out to ShipStation who will work with us to get these added.
Delivered package can’t be found
We will work with the receiver to locate the package. Just reach out to ShipStation who will work with us to investigate further.
If you need to get in touch with the Sendle team, you can! Or contact ShipStation who will work with us on your behalf.