This article will help you to understand how to claim cover if your parcel has been lost in transit. Before you read further, please check that your parcel is covered by the cover policy.
How much can I claim?
Sendle will cover the cost price of replacing lost goods up to the policy limits $1500 (less GST).
For Easy and Premium account holders there is an excess of $100 that applies to each claim.
You can claim for cover if:
- the contents of your parcel are covered by Sendle’s cover policy
- the parcel was lost in transit: that is, it was lost after it was scanned as picked up, and before it was scanned as delivered (either with Authority To Leave or with Signature on Delivery)
- it has been no more than 20 business days since the last date in the delivery ETA range
How do I claim?
The Sendle support team will guide you through the cover claims process.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of the value of the items inside the parcel.
If the claim is:
- accepted: you will hear back within 5 business days and be paid within 5 business days of notification.
- declined: you will hear back within 5 business days.
At this stage, we don't offer cover for international orders, so please consider purchasing external cover for high-value parcels.