This article will help you to understand how to claim insurance if your parcel has been lost in transit. Before you read further, please check that your parcel is covered by the insurance policy.
How much can I claim?
Sendle will cover the cost price of replacing lost goods up to the policy limits $1500 (less GST). An excess of $100 applies to each claim.
You can claim for insurance if:
- the contents of your parcel are covered by Sendle’s insurance policy
- the parcel was lost in transit: that is, it was lost after it was scanned as picked up, and before it was scanned as delivered (either with Authority To Leave or with a signature)
- it has been at least 10 business days since the last date in the delivery ETA range
- it has been no more than 20 business days since the last date in the delivery ETA range
How do I claim?
The Sendle support team will guide you through the insurance claims process.
Please note that you will need to provide proof of the value of the items inside the parcel.
If the claim is:
- accepted: you will hear back within 2 business days and then be paid within 5-7 business days
- declined: you will hear back within 2 business days