ShipStation is a logistics management platform that provides an easy way to book, track and manage your Sendle parcels. This article will explain how to set it up.
Setting up your accounts
You need to have both a ShipStation account and a Sendle account to get started:
- Create a free Sendle account here. ShipStation customers get free Sendle Premium as an added perk, saving you $10 a month in fees.
- Create a free ShipStation account here. When you use the code SENDLE you will get free access to the ShipStation Starter plan, saving you USD $9 a month in fees.
Connecting ShipStation and Sendle
Now that you have a Sendle account and a ShipStation account, it is easy to connect them.
First, please generate your Sendle API key. To do this:
- Sign in to your Sendle dashboard
- Complete the form in the API tab of your account settings
- Press the 'Claim Access' button, which will display your API key and your Sendle ID
- Complete the Dangerous Goods declaration on the pickup tab (you must do this to use Sendle)
- Add a credit card for billing purposes
Next, head on over to your ShipStation dashboard and enter your Sendle details. To do this:
- Go to 'Account Settings' (the gear icon in the upper-right)
- From the sidebar on the left, select 'Shipping' > 'Carriers & Fulfillment'
- On the page that appears, select '+Add a Provider Account' > 'Sendle'
- In the popup, enter your API key, Sendle ID and an account nickname
- Click 'Connect'
Now, you're connected!
Regenerate your API key
To regenerate your API key, simply click the 'Regenerate API key' button.
Clicking this button will mean that any previous integrations you have with Sendle using the 'old' key will cease to work. You'll need to reconnect with the newly generated API key.
If you have questions about how the Sendle and ShipStation integration can best work for your business, please get in touch with our business team or, if you need customer support, please reach out to our support team.