This article will cover how to send a parcel once you have your Etsy store fully integrated.
If you haven’t connected your Etsy shop with Sendle yet, head over here to find out how to do that first (and watch the video below for some pointers)!
Here’s how to send a parcel with Etsy and Sendle:
- Open the Integrations tab on your Sendle dashboard and connect to Etsy.
- Use the tick boxes on the left to choose which orders you want to turn into a Sendle booking. We've also made it super easy to fetch and filter a large amount of orders using a browser find tool on the Integrations screen.
- Click 'Send parcels'.
- Your order will pre-fill with the shipping and sales information.
- Check the details are all correct and choose a parcel weight and size (remember the final size includes the volume too!).
- Click ‘Create order’.
- Confirm the booking.
- Print your label/s.
- A tracking reference will be sent to your Etsy shop. Further tracking updates may be imported through to Etsy – however, you can always check the status on Sendle's tracking page.
- You’ll also see your booked orders in the Sendle dashboard under 'Sending'.
- If you need to cancel your order (say, if the receiver address was incorrect), you can cancel it from your Sendle dashboard.
- You may need to log in to your Etsy shop and manually cancel it from there (as you’re used to doing) to remove the tracking from the Etsy view.