Sendle is integrated with OrderCup, a web-based system that streamlines and automates order management, fulfilment and shipping for eCommerce.
Integrating your OrderCup account with Sendle only takes a few minutes and will allow you to use Sendle as your preferred shipping partner.
First: Set up your account
You need to have both a OrderCup account and a Sendle account to get started:
Connect OrderCup and Sendle
Now that you have a Sendle account and an OrderCup account, it’s super easy to connect them.
Generate your Sendle API:
- Log in to your Sendle dashboard.
- Click on the Settings tab on your left.
- Click on the Integrations tab at the top.
- Follow the prompts to generate an API key and your Sendle ID.
- Complete the Dangerous Goods declaration on the pickup tab (you’ll need to do this to use Sendle).
- Add a credit card for billing purposes (this is required to make the integration work).
Next, head on over to your OrderCup dashboard and enter your Sendle details:
- In OrderCup, go to Settings --> Carriers and Fulfilment --> Sendle.
- Enter your Sendle ID and API Key and hit ‘Save’.
- Enable Sendle shipping services.
- To enable click Configure Shipping Services enabled while shipping on the Sendle settings page. Check the services you want to use (Sendle currently supports just one service) and click the Save button.
That's it! Your Sendle account is now configured in OrderCup. You should now see ‘Sendle Standard Shipping’ as a service option.
If you’d like more info about Sendle’s API, this article could be handy!
However, if you have questions about the OrderCup platform, we recommend you reach out directly to OrderCup support.